It is not possible to avoid the risks of accidents, natural disasters, breaches of laws and regulations, pollution, product liability lawsuits, leaks of personal information and so on in business. If such a risk seems likely to occur, rumors and the media may expand the risk, thereby affecting the existence of the company. Therefore, all possible risks must be clarified, based on the understanding that risks do exist and measures must be implemented to minimize the damage caused by the occurrence of the risks. In our group, the Risk Management Division is responsible for implementing measures against risks.
Definition of risk
Risk means the possibility of incidents, accidents or other problems that may cause loss directly or indirectly to the Hitachi Construction Machinery Group's business, employees or their families or to people with some connection with the group.
1) Damage to people
Death, injury, or the possibility of such.
2) Damage to assets
Breakage or destruction of the company assets, hindrance in production or sale, etc. caused by such breakage or destruction, or the possibility of such.
3) Financial damage
Payment of compensation, hindrance in generating profits, or the possibility of such.
4) Loss of trust
Trust in the company, our products or our employees, etc. is lost, thereby damaging the company image, or the possibility of such.
5) Breach of laws or regulation
Breach of laws or regulations, or the possibility of such.
6) Breach of ethics
Acts against the company ethics, etc. or the possibility of such.
Measures against risks
Measures against risks are implemented in accordance with the procedures of the Risk Management Division.
- When a risk becomes an actual event, we will implement initial measures immediately. We determine the levels of risks without delay and decide the range of people to be informed, according to the risk.
- We always work on raising the awareness of the employees and other relevant people to ensure that they recognize risks as risks, their compliance, prevention of the occurrence of risks and scandals and the proper measures to cope with the occurrence of risks.
- When a risk becomes an actual event or there is the possibility of such, no matter how minor the risk is, we will immediately report the matter to a manager and to the general affairs section manager.
- We regularly check risk possibilities and implement measures to prevent the occurrence of each risk.
- We always endeavor to maintain a good relationship with the local community (including police stations, labor standards inspection offices, fire stations, public employment security offices and local residents).
Released on December 22, 2009 in Japanese site
- January 27, 2010
- Provision of information relating to risks (Hitachi Construction Machinery Camino)
Released on April 28, 2009 in Japanese site
- June 19, 2009
- Identifying the risks of whole company