High Cab Type Material Handling Machine - Makes the Impossible Possible
Toyooka Un-yu is engaged in unloading pig iron and metal scrap from barges at the berth in a steel tube maker's yard. Recently Toyooka Un-yu found it necessary to lower their operating cost.
To achieve this, they planned to replace their existing fleet (two hydraulic excavators with lifting magnets and one mobile crane) with two new pieces of material handling equipment. However, there was a difficult problem concerning specifications for the new equipment: vessel levels constantly changed (up to 2 m) due to tidal variation. The new machines would have to solve this problem.
- Able to unload and load materials directly
- Has 2-link post type high cab (8 m high) with good visibility
- Purpose-built machine for safe, stable barge unloading
- Able to mount 1,500 mm diameter integrated lifting magnet
The customer made the following comments about the equipment:
- Less voltage variation and stable operation even when using integrated lifting magnet
- High job efficiency with minimum working distance
- Cost to be the same as a crane by efficiency three times that of a crane
- Equipment has advanced data logging system. This permits sharing of operating information with Hitachi to enable fast and accurate service by Hitachi
- Company Name:
- Toyooka Un-yu
- Scrap Handling
- Kanto, Japan